Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Colors and Shapes

In just a few more weeks, I will be starting over with a fresh batch of preschoolers. 
 One of the first games I will teach them is how to go on color and shape hunts. 
 My students LOVE these games every year! 
Not only is it a great way to get kids up and moving as they learn but a great way to build language skills too.   I have students take turns sharing the name of their color or shape and the name of the item they found.
 To freshen up the game this year, I made these cards for the kids to hold during their hunt. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. :)
    yvonneeyrg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you play these games? I am starting a pre-k class this year. Cute cards!
    Tonia
    Tvento1313@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonia,

    I begin by reviewing the colors with the students. Then pass out a card to each student. Explain to them that they will have a set amount of time (30 seconds)to go find an item that matches the color of the card they are holding. Ready, set, go! When they find an item they return to their seats or spot on the carpet with the item. Each student gets a turn telling the name of the color and item they found. I have found this to be a great language game as well. You'd be surprised how many kids don't know the proper names to things as simple as scissors, block, marker! Hope that helped! You are going to LOVE Pre-K!!

    ReplyDelete