Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Name recognition and eye color!

We made it through our first full week of school!!!
  This week we spent a lot of time getting to know one another.  We discussed lots of ways we are the same and different. Like who's in our families, hair color, pets, the way we dress, the way we talk......
Here are some pictures of Friday's discussion about eye color.

The students took turns coming up to the chart to color their "eyes".
  I had two mirrors on the tray for them to use in case they wanted to check.























We couldn't leave Sampson our Bearded Dragon out!























We have also been working on name recognition.
  I have used a photo name chart for years and love it!  I thought I had a picture of it but I don't.  
 You can see part of it above in the picture with Sampson.  I tape pictures of the students on the back of a shelf and place their names under their pictures.  The names are laminated for durability.
  I attach them to the shelf with Velcro dots.  The students use them ALL THE TIME!!! 
 Here you can see students using them during our morning message.  






















It is also great to use for classroom management as well as name writing practice!
During centers the students must sign up if they want to go to the sensory table.  This helps me remember who was next and relieves stress in the students by reassuring them they will get a turn IF they signed up. (They just practiced writing their name and didn't realize it!)
























Everyone is happy!

2 comments:

  1. You have wonderful ideas! My first day is after Labor Day and I've still got time to add a few details to the classroom. I'm going to have to add a name chart to my room this year! So glad to have found a pre-k blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I will try to remember to take a picture Monday and post it. You will love having one in your classroom. It really does make a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete